Sentiance is a data science company that uses AI and machine learning algorithms to analyze low level sensor data from smart objects in order to better understand human behaviour and context. Sensor data is captured by smartphones (location, time, acceleration, gyroscope), wearables (biometrics) and in home sensors (in room activity). Applications of the technology are in mobility, health, commerce and smart living. At Sentiance you will get the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world at the intersection of mobile technology, artificial intelligence, and the IOT. We are looking for people with the substance to help drive our product forward and with the attitude that makes them thrive in a high-growth start-up environment.
As a Sales engineer, you are responsible for working closely with sales to help prospective customers and partners understand the power of emerging technology like Sentiance. You are also the conduit between Sentiance product development / project management teams and the client, managing the process from onboarding /executing POC through to contract. You will need to define the technical scope of projects as well as completing projects on time, on target and within budget. You are responsible for leading integrated project teams. As you oversee projects you will need to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are deployed and the agendas of multiple stakeholders are reconciled -particularly the client. Typical responsibilities can include:
- defining and building agreement on project objectives
- carrying out the risk assessment
- reconciling the organization’s interests with client requirements
- organizing the team members working on a project
- ensuring all objectives of the project are met
- using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- recruiting specialists and sub-contractors where needed
- monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- liaising with the accounting, costing and billing teams
- Depending on the project, responsibilities can cover all aspects of a project from initiation all the way to completion.
- You will also assist the commercial team in demonstrating product capabilities to prospects and clients. Some travel to customers and conferences will be required
Desired skills & expertise
Sentiance is a young company, so we are looking for people who love working in a highly dynamic start-up environment. You will need to bring an energetic and creative approach to the work and master the following skillset.
- You have significant experience (preferably 3 years or more) in the software development industry, as Project Manager or Assistant Project manager.
- You have a strong technical interest in the software development cycle of mobile and/or IOT applications.
- You are hands-on in dealing with complex projects and think outside the box to support your own creativity.
- You have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and are commercially aware of the opportunities of new and emerging technologies and services.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to deliver a technical pitch
- You are a team player and have the ability to motivate people by demonstrating management and leadership.