As a junior data scientist, you are ready to start a new challenge in a fast-paced environment where you can use your programming skills to solve challenging data analytic problems. You will be part of our Data science Team and you have a clear interest in machine learning and data analysis. Working closely together with our machine learning experts, you will design and implement decision logic that supports our behavioral profiling product. You will integrate existing business rules into a knowledge-based inference system, support the team in its debugging and testing procedures, and help optimizing our machine learning models and decision logic. Your analytical skills and your profound interest in machine learning will push you to continuously educate yourself to become a hands-on data scientist. You will help the team to convert research ideas into production-ready implementations. As such, you will be working closely together with the data engineering team to deliver robust and scalable solutions while implementing state-of-the-art algorithms and processes. Your main objectives will be the design and implementation of data driven decision logic, and the optimization and debugging of existing machine learning algorithms.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a masters degree or PhD in computer science or related field.
- You are an experienced software engineer with in-depth knowledge of Python.
- You have a clear interest in machine learning and data mining algorithms and have at least basic background knowledge in this field.
- You have an analytical mindset and are not afraid of some linear algebra.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
- Your soft-skills and team-spirit allow you to directly communicate with our business development unit and you function well in cross-functional teams.
Experience with any of the following is considered a plus:
- Advanced Python knowledge and experience
- Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib
- Experience with Spark or the Hadoop eco-system
- Machine learning, data mining, data visualization
- BI-tools and data mining tools such as Qlikview
- Expert knowledge of Java or C++.