For the two day developer conference exhibition AppsWorld Europe 2013, I tried something new: limit notes to one page per talk, and insert more imagery. That way, whilst still capturing the main ideas, I don’t have to sift through tons of text afterwards when writing up what I consider to be the key takeaways. Drawing also helps with concentrating and filtering out the background noise, and stops me from being impolite and obsessing about my Twitter feed while someone is talking. And last but not least, I get to share them afterwards.
So, please click through for one-page summaries of the following talks, panels and workshops:
- The Services of Things – Unleash the Potential of Connected Life Apps (M2M) by Danny Lousberg (Qeo program, Technicolor)
- Steve Wozniak’s talk on Creativity and Innovation in the App Landscape (Developer World), moderated by Nate Lanxon (Wired)
- The Internet of Things Revolution: Functional, Usable, Wearable (M2M) with Tamara Roukaerts (TRM&C), Saverio Romeo (Beecham Research), Paul Lee (Deloitte), Ben Moir (Wearable Experiments) and Mike Barlow (myHealthPal).
- Apps for the Connected Car (M2M) by Nick Pudar (General Motors)
- Under the Microscope: How UI and UX can Make or Break Your App (TV and Multi-screen Apps) by Markus Grupp (Telus)
- App Promotion and User Retention (Mobile Marketing & Advertising) with Jide Sobo (MEC Interaction), Brian Formato (Ingersoll Rand), Andreas Lieber (Groupon), Kobi Marenko (Taptica), Emmanual Carroud (Magic Solver) and Patrick Mareuil (Ad4Screen).
- Detail: the bit that is always left out (Tech World) by Ian Holt (Ordnance Survey)
- The Art of Custom UI Controls (Tech World) by Sam Davies (Shinobi Controls)
One talk I really appreciated, but failed to take notes of was the Privacy: Building Trust in Mobile Apps workshop. If anybody jotted things down for this one, be it digital or on paper, I’d love to have a look!